We are looking for a software engineer to join the Lausanne office (remote work possible from outside of Switzerland) and build the future of assistive devices for blind and visually impaired people.
- Collaborate closely with the vision team of biped
- Take care of the services around the core system
- Remote update and security
- Internal and user-facing apps (backend + frontend)
- Create and support tooling to support the other team members
You are ready to learn new things and interested in software engineering. You are communicative and upfront about the problems you are facing and you like to work on challenging problems in a team. You aim to take the lead of a large project and have a core contribution to a concrete problem.
We are looking for somebody that has experience with (or feels comfortable learning):
- C++ / Rust or Julia
A plus would be past encounters with:
- React Native and mobile dev in general
- Cloud architectures
In general, we are looking for an aspiring full stack software engineer, and we will provide guidance and support for that to happen.
- Competitive salary
- Christmas week is off for everyone
- 5 weeks holiday per year
The work environment:
- biped.ai is an equal career opportunity employer
- We are a compact team that focuses on personal and professional growth and help each other to achieve that on a daily basis
- We host learning sessions internally (research, tools) and a monthly computer vision meetup
- We solve real-life problems of our customers and see the immediate result of it
- Additionally we offer aperos by the lake, team activities, and a positive and collaborative environment
- Additional benefits (shares, train tickets, fitness) based on profile
⏲️ Flexible work hours
For real. Start when you want, finish when you want. Everybody's different, and we definitely understand that.
🌴 Remote work
All our positions are hybrid: on-site (Lausanne, Switzerland), and remote. Choose the balance that suits you best. 100% remote is also possible.
🥗 Lunch on us
There's a kitchen in the office, and we also provide free lunch at the restaurant nearby 🙂
Work on a large monitor, get your cup of coffee, notepad and pen. Need something else to work? Just tell us and we'll provide it.
We are going on company retreats twice a year for a few days (once in the mountains, once at the beach).
The metro stop "Croisette" will take you at Biopole directly, and is very well connected to the rest of Lausanne and to the lake.
Additional benefits (shares, train tickets, fitness) based on profile.
How to apply?
Looks interesting? Send us your resume (and portfolio if you have!) and a short description of what you're interested in and why, at the following address: email@example.com. Please make sure to include the job title in the subject.
We are open to applications from abroad (EU citizen), but relocation to Switzerland for this job will be mandatory (we're helping with the paper work).
- First phone interview with our CEO, getting to know each other
- Then, a technical challenge
- Presenting your technical challenge solution and discussion with our CTO
- Join us for 1 day, at this point we just want to make sure that you like working with us
We'll get back to you very quickly, promised 😎